There are 6 million car accidents across the U.S. every year. If you've ever been in a car accident, you know they can cause a wide array of injuries that can lead to chronic pain, disability, and interrupt normal life. Even the most minoir of car accidents can lead to injuries or pain that need treatment.
The most common injury is whiplash, which is caused by quick and forceful back and forth movement of the neck. Symptoms of the condition include neck pain that worsens with movement, neck stiffness or loss of range of movement, headaches, shoulder and back pain, and tingling and numbness in the arms.
In addition to car accidents, whiplash can also occur as a sports injury. If you’ve been in a car accident in Florissant, MO, the chiropractic professionals at Back & Neck Care Center of North County can help treat your whiplash injury and help get you back to living your life.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help with Whiplash
There are several treatments we may try to help you recover from whiplash, including:
- Spinal manipulation: We will use various spinal manipulation techniques, including the flexion-distraction technique, which applies controlled pressure to the intervertebral disc to reduce your back pain and promote healing. Some spinal adjustments are performed with special instruments to apply precise and direct pressure to restore joint movement.
- Soft tissue therapy: This treatment will help us rehabilitate and treat a range of issues including tension in your muscles, sprains, strains, and tears.
- Massage therapy: Used in conjunction with other therapies, therapeutic massage will help to relax any tension you may be experiencing in your muscles and aid in your overall rehabilitation.
- Trigger point therapy: This type of chiropractic care aims to release tense bunches in muscle tissue. By releasing trigger points throughout your body, our chiropractor will further reduce your pain and restore your range of motion.
- Patient education: Your treatment doesn’t end when you leave our clinic. We will also provide advice on ways you can help your neck at home. This will include exercises, changes to your diet, and improving your workplace ergonomics to prevent pain from returning.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Florissant, MO for Whiplash Treatment
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in Florissant, MO, contact Back & Neck Care Center of North County today. Our chiropractor will evaluate your musculoskeletal system to determine whether or not you have sustained a whiplash injury and provide treatment accordingly. For more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call or text us at (314) 838-2220.